1958 Jeep FC-170
has won both "People's Choice"
and "Most Artistic" trophies
Truck featured in Readers Rides in:
- Cab and bed from 1958 FC170 Jeep
- Frame, drive train, axles from 1989 3/4 ton Chevy shortened 4.5 ft. to match the Jeep's 103" wheel base.
- 350 cubic inch small block motor and 700R4 automatic transmission. (less than 30,000 miles on motor and transmission)
- Used a steering box out of a 1977 Dodge 3/4 ton van in steering fabrication.
- Running boards and fenders were fabricated to cover the Chevy frame and 9 inch wider stance .
- Custom fabricated bumpers---rear bumper designed to cover the full sized spare tire mounted under bed.
- (5) Rims are 20" x 10" MB Precise polished aluminum with paint accents to match truck paint.
- Used 2002 Thunderbird Inspiration Yellow paint with red tipped silver ghost flames.
- Tires are 275/55 Falken Ziex Stz01. (5)
- Shortened 33 gallon gas tank to fit. ( now approx. 29 gallon).
- Tail gate chains removed. Welded Cadillac seat belt latches with cable inside bed. (clean look, No paint damage).
- Door handles shaved, Electronic entry. Clean look.
- 1/8" polished aluminum diamond plate skin on running boards, bumpers, inside door panels, and cab floor--matches ghost flames and wheels.
- Dash board extended across cab, to cover after market AC unit.
- Single gauge on dash replaced by a group of new "old looking" gauges.
- Hurst Ratchet shifter.
- Grant removable steering wheel with locking cap.
- Overhead console for Pioneer Radio and storage.
- Interior seats and headliner are yellow and black with flames on headliner.
- JeepTruck.com - Read the Article by clicking here!
- Street Trucks, September 2004, Vol. 6, No. 9.
- Sport Truck, October 2004, Vol. 17, No. 10.
- Custom Classic Trucks, October 2004, Vol. 11, No. 9.
Price: $20,000 or best offer